Our NEET service provides mentoring, advice and support to help keep young people in education, employment or training.
The team works to help young people with:
- Finding them the best training or work options
- Career planning and goal setting
- Creating a CV and preparing for interviews
- Supporting them to find work experience opportunities
- Getting any financial assistance they're entitled to
- Learner licence training
- Getting motivated and building confidence
- Dealing with stress and managing time
- Having a place to do homework or just chill
Each young person is matched with a qualified Youth Coach. We support young people to create an individual plan, and goals and steps to achieve those plans. We offer a range of support networks and tools which support the young person. Participation is voluntary.
The service is free and available to young people aged 16 or 17 from West Auckland.
Find out more
For more information drop into Youth Service West at 3 Rata St, freephone 0800 WEST UP (0800 937 887) or email us.